AJAX Calendar is a plugin that will display an AJAXified WordPress calendar. This enhances the functionality of the standard calendar by:
- Allowing the asynchronous navigation of months, without updating the page
- Added to blog as a widget
Full documentation can be found on the AJAX Calendar page.
The plugin is simple to install:
- Download the zip file
- Unpack the zip. You should have a directory called
ajax_calendar, containing several PHP files
- Upload the
ajax_calendardirectory to the
wp-content/pluginsdirectory on your WordPress installation. It is important you retain the
- Make any modifications to your theme, as required
- Activate plugin
You can find full details of installing a plugin on the plugin installation page.
- Does this plugin provide any scheduling functionality?
No, the calendar just shows your posting history.
Contributors & Developers
“AJAX Calendar” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Swap from xajax to prototype.
- Fix cache deletion problems.
- Use wpurl instead of home
- Require WordPress 2.1+.
- Fix some problems.
- Use prototype lite
- Add option for always showing full details
- Use moo.tools for size
- use WP Object cache
- Added base CSS class
- Improved widget
- Use microajax for even better size and no clashes with prototype
- Fix validation errors
- Apply filters to titles
- Update widget class for 2.1 support
- WP 2.5 support
- WP 2.6
- Add support for category selection
- Fix DB prefix bug
- Fix category display
- WordPress 2.9+ only
- No external JS or CSS needed
- Fixes category issues
- Modify JS so it compresses better