Thanks to Taxonomy_Single_Term, a library created by WebDevStudios, it made my work much easier on creating this plugin.
With Categories Metabox Enhanced, you can:
- Change the built-in Categories metabox/panel to a single term UI, which means replacing the checkboxes with radio buttons or a select drop-down.
- Apply the single term UI to other hierarchical taxonomies in the plugin’s Settings page.
- Customized the single term UI by setting these options:
- Priority and position of the metabox placement.
- Title of the metabox.
- If child-terms should be indenting.
- If adding of new terms from the metabox is enable.
- Upload the
category-metabox-enhanceddirectory to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
Contributors & Developers
“Categories Metabox Enhanced” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Categories Metabox Enhanced” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Update the Taxonomy_Single_Term library and some cosmetic fixes.
- Support the single term UI in Gutenberg sidebar Categories/Taxonomies panels.
- Remove git submodule from this plugin.
- Indent the child-terms in select options.
- Remove unused CSS and JS files.
- The first version.