Higher Education News Widget is a widget/plugin that helps connect higher education blogs blogs around the World. The widget is a content aggregator for higher education blog articles. The aggregator takes content from the highest quality higher education blogs and presents the titles and a brief summary within the widget.
The widget has a special crawler that goes to a pre-set list of higher education blogs that are selected based on content quality. It then takes the title of the latest articles written by that blog and populates the widget sitting on the installer’s website. Articles within the widget are then ranked based on a variety of social media factors to present only the best freshest articles.
The goal of the Higher Education News Widget widget it to help users and publishers to discover new content and readers.
For more information, see http://marketing.dell.com/education-widget
- Upload the
higher_edu_widgetfolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Add the Higher Education News Widget to your sidebar through the
- Which blogs are included?
We have hand-picked a selection of industry leading blogs to populate the widget.
- Can I exclude certain blogs?
Yes, in the WordPress admin panel, click on Settings->Higher Education News Widget and you can choose to not include any of the blogs on our list.
- Will this affect my website’s loading time?
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Higher Education News Widget” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Style Updates
- Fixed upgrade bug
- Match WP plugin guidelines
- Added ability to add blog roll blogs to the widget
- Moved settings page to the default wordpress settings menu
- Added tabs for easier navigation in admin settings page
- Added categories to blog list
- Improved loading time
- Updated styling
- Added an save button for updating your feed instantly
- Moved additional settings into the admin panel.
- Added new blogs
- Small bug fixes
- First version